Phone: 02 9436 3820
ArcCensus 2006 is an ArcGIS extension and compiled ESRI file geodatabase that is managed from its own ArcMap toolbar. It enables you to build a new feature class of census information from selected census attributes combined with standard or user-defined boundary sets. The census layer is automatically integrated with all the other spatial data in the ArcMap session and managed with standard ArcGIS functionality.
ArcCensus 2006 provides instant access to the 2006 census data with the ArcCensus 2006 toolbar on your ArcMap desktop and data stored in optimised repositories on your computer. It saves you time and costs by consolidating and presenting data from over ten thousand raw files in the ABS 2006 Basic Community Profile Data Pack.
Optional data packs are available for SEIFA 2006 and historical Basic Community Profiles for 2001 and 1996.
Key features of ArcCensus 2006:
- Flexible geographic selection capability. Select from standard ABS geographic boundaries or choose your organisation's own customised boundaries.
- Aggregate any level of census statistics (eg CD, SLA Etc) to user-defined polygons by proportioning each intersecting fraction according to its percentage of the total area.
- Choose your geographies using the ABS hierarchies eg select CDs by selecting Local Government Areas from a list or a map
- Intuitively find and select census statistics columns to be attributed to your geography.
- Select a range of ABS data cells across several census tables.
- Create your own statistical columns using formulae based on the selected census cells.
- Store both geographic selections and census data set definitions, including calculated cells, as metadata. This allows the same census field set to be defined once and used with many different geography sets or to use the same geography set for multiple census data extracts.
- Generate reports from the data in your new layers. These can be printed or imported into other office applications for further analysis and formatting.
ArcCensus 2011 will be released in later in 2012. Return to Home