The view the winners of the Pitch competition, please go to the winners page
What is 'the pitch' and how can I get involved?
The pitch is a competition open to tertiary students. It involves students creating a YouTube type clip to pitch a compelling statistical story about the role of statistics in building the nation, through the following topics:
- Is data the new oil? OR
- How to make statistics attractive
The clip must market the topic "statistics/data" to the masses and be of general viewing classification.
How clips will be assessed
Clips will be assessed based on their ability to achieve the following:
- make statistics engaging for viewers
- present statistics in an informative and creative way (entertainment value)
- address the topics (the role of statistics in building the nation, through the stated topics)
- are aesthetically pleasing
- do not exceed two minutes
Please refer to the Competition Rules page.
Who should be eligible to enter
The eligibility requirements:
- All participants must be over the age of 18
- All participants must be enrolled at a tertiary institution within Australia. Such as a university, TAFE or institute of technology. All entrants will have to provide an enrolment letter from their institution to be eligible to enter.
- The competition is open to individuals and groups. Please note: There is only two prizes on offer therefore, any group will have to split the prize. The maximum size of a group is four, and all team members must meet the eligibility criteria.
- No participant must be an employee of the ABS (ongoing or non-ongoing).
Terms and Conditions
Please refer to the Terms and Conditions page.
- The winner (or winning team) will receive $4,000 worth of gift vouchers from JBHiFi. One person from the winning team will fly from their nearest Australian capital city on Thursday 14 March 2013 to collect the prize at the conference. The winner will be notified prior to the conference, and will be required to keep this information confidential.
- People's choice award will receive $1,000 worth of gift vouchers from JBHiFi, that will be decided by NatStats delegates and announced at the 'pitch' session. The award will be sent to the nominated team member.
If you have any enquires please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (07) 3222 6403 and leave a message.
Closing date and submission details
All clips must be received by 5.00pm February 15, 2013 along with a nomination form.docx.
Clips should be sent to:
The NatStats 2013 'Pitch' Secretariat
GPO Box 9817
Download The Pitch - Promotional Flyer.pdf.